Essentially, any student event that doesn’t fall into the “Basic Event” category is considered a Complex Event – typically for one or more reasons (including the size of the venue & legal requirements for it, common source alcohol, amplified music, staffing management requirements, a/v support, special set-ups, etc.).
Because of the time typically required to provide logistical support for these types of events, a minimum 7-day lead time is necessary on these types of requests. Once a request is submitted, someone from the office of support that you selected in EMS will connect with you to work through any necessary additional details together.
- Sign into EMS with your Williams username & password.
- Under “Reservations,” select “Complex Event.”
- Complete the request form & submit.
Your request will be reviewed by staff from Facilities, Campus Safety, OSL, the Davis Center, Environmental Safety & Compliance, and Dining. Someone from the office which you selected for logistical support will contact you regarding any necessary follow-up details.
- Contracts cannot be signed by a student. Contact Ben Lamb to coordinate any contracts.
- Funding must be secured before services can be contracted.
- College monies cannot be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco, exotic dancers and all paraphernalia related thereto.
- If your organization would like to invite an outside institution (such as MCLA) to attend your event, the Cross-Campus Open Invite Protocol must be followed. If it is not, then those students who are not from Williams will be turned away at the door.
- 1 keg (160 servings) = 160 12-oz cans of beer = 32 750mL bottles of wine
- 2 kegs (320 servings) = 320 12-oz cans of beer = 64 750mL bottles of wine
- 6 kegs (960 servings) = 960 12-oz cans of beer = 192 750mL bottles of wine
Formula for Maximum Alcohol Amounts Allowed at Complex Events (Fall Semester & Winter Study)
number of people expected per hour* x number of hours of event x .35** = maximum number of servings
Formula for Maximum Alcohol Amounts Allowed at Complex Events (Spring Semester)
number of people expected per hour* x number of hours of event x .40** = maximum number of servings
* must be within stated fire capacity
** represents the general percentage of students over the legal drinking age at the time