Here are some questions to help guide you through the process of brainstorming for your event. This list is by no means exhaustive, so please think outside of the box and be creative.
- Who is sponsoring the event?
- Who is the contact person for the event?
- Who will pay for any costs associated with the event?
- Who is the target audience? How many people do you expect?
- Who will be invited? Are there special guests?
- Who will benefit from this event?
- What type of event is it?
- What is the title of the event?
- Is this a reoccurring event or a multiple day event?
- Have you allowed time for set up and clean up?
- What are the official start and end times of the event?
- Does the event conflict with other events?
- Does the event take place on a major holiday?
- Will your target audience be available (class schedule, travel time, etc.)?
- Where will this event take place? Single or multiple locations?
- Will you need a dressing room?
- Will this event affect other spaces near your location?
- Will noise or traffic flow be an issue?
- Will the physical layout of the venue affect the event? Will you have enough space?
- Will the tecnological capabilities of the venue be an issue?
- Will parking space be needed?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Do you have the support of others?
- Is your target audience interested?
- Have you developed a brief mission statement to keep event planning on track?
Room Set Ups:
- How do you want the room to look?
- Does the event require a different set up that the room normally provides?
- How many tables and chairs will be needed?
- Can you supply a diagram?
- Will Facilities be asked to set up and restore the room?
- Will this create overtime charges?
- Will food be served at the event? Will you need extra trash bins?
- Will the event require microphones, sound or lights?
- Do you want the event recorded?
- Will the event include a PowerPoint presentation?
- Will the presentation be on disk, CD, flash drive or networked?
- Will the event require a data projector, DVD, TV, laptop, wireless connectivity?
- Do you need other supplies? Who will be providing them?
- Can you afford technical support, if the event requires it?
- Are you inviting any outside guests or speakers?
- If so, have you determined if their needs can be met?
- Will you need to publicize your event to the larger community?
- Should the College be aware of prominent guests that will be attending?