Director, Office of Student Life
Normal Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Mike Bodnarik (Associate Director)
- Adrianne Epe (Assistant Director for Conferences & External Events)
- Patty Leahey-Hays (Assistant Director for Residential Life & Housing)
- Maddy Polidoro (Assistant Director for Residential Life & Housing)
- Beth Erdeski (Intra-Campus Mail Coordinator)
- Debby Kopala (Mail Operations Coordinator)
- Ivy Rodriguez (Financial & Administrative Coordinator)
- Gail Rondeau Hebert (Housing Systems Coordinator)
- Kris Hoey (Interim Financial & Administrative Assistant)
Supervisor: Steve Klass (Vice President for Campus Life)
Areas of Expertise
As department head, Doug has overall responsibility for the mission, vision, and direction of the Office of Student Life and its portfolio of roles and responsibilities. He is responsible for OSL staff professional development; staff/programmatic/service assessment & evaluation; and OSL budget management, oversight, and delegation.
Doug serves on the Upperclass Residential Life Advisory Committee (URLAC), the Campus Safety Committee, all residence hall building/renovation committees, and the Event Review & Logistics (ERL) group.
Doug is a key consultant/advisor to the Vice President for Campus Life and to the Dean of the College on issues that impact and that are impacted by student life.
Prior to joining Williams in 2003, Doug worked at Union College (New York) as Director of Residence Life, at Kenyon College (Ohio) as Area Coordinator for Upperclass Students, at Hope College (Michigan) as a Residential Life Coordinator & Residence Hall Director, and at The Pennsylvania State University, Beaver Campus, as a Residential Life Coordinator, Student Activities Graduate Assistant, and Campus Minister.
A little more about Doug…
Doug is originally from northern lower Michigan, having grown up on a small family-owned dairy farm. Doug and his husband, Michael, live nearby at Netherwood, a 7-acre historic farm located near Windsor Lake in North Adams.
Doug & Michael are both into American history, enjoy local day trips (Manchester, VT is a favorite), and like to vacation in Maine (in the summer) and Florida (in the winter). Their pugs, Hamilton & Holland, provide good company, and Holland joins Doug at work most days.