As a residential college, Williams believes that each student’s learning experiences come not only from the classroom, but also from their life outside the classroom. Living together in positive & supportive residential communities on campus is a critical component of that out-of-classroom learning experience. All students are encouraged to be involved in their residential communities by attending programs & snacks together and by getting to know & utilizing their student residential leaders.
Students interested in leadership opportunities in those communities are encouraged to apply for the following leadership roles:
- First-Year Program (Entries): Junior Advisor
- Upperclass Program (Neighborhood Leadership Teams, or NLT): House Coordinator, Neighborhood Director, Neighborhood Representative.
Neighborhood & House Activity Funds exist to help foster a sense of community with the upperclass residences through programming & social activities. These funds are to be used to support a sense of community within the residences & Neighborhoods. This sense of community can be fostered in a number of ways, including snacks, dinners, movie nights, discuss groups, intramural programs, video-game tournaments, events, trips off-campus, etc. There is a wide array of possibilities. The four Neighborhood Leadership Teams (NLT’s) are expected to take the needs & interests of all of their residents into consideration in the year-long planning of programs supported by these funds, not just the needs of the majority.
There are several purposes for which these funds are NOT to be used, including:
- any activity that puts students or the community at risk or in danger
- any activity that is offensive to the community
- damages to the Neighborhood or house, unless the damages are the direct result of an activity sponsored by the Neighborhood or house.
- items that will not stay with the NLT/house beyond that particular year
- electronic/technology items
- alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
- gambling purposes
If you have an expenditure that may fall into one of those categories (or any others that may be questionable), speak with the Assistant Director for Residential Life & Housing (Patty Leahey-Hays) to review the request in advance.
Budget Management & Oversight
These budgets are managed by the NLT’s under advisement & oversight from Student Life. Final approval for all transactions lies with the College – specifically with the Assistant Director for Residential Life & Housing (Patty Leahey-Hays) and the Controller’s Office.
NLT members must follow specific procedures in order to utilize these funds.
- Submit the online Pcard Request Form to obtain a NLT Purchasing Card to use for expenditures.*
- Once submitted, you will receive an automated response via email that you have submitted your form.
- The Student Life Administrative Assistant (Ivelisse Rodriguez) will contact you to let you know if you’ve been approved and when you may pick up the Pcard.
- Pick up the Pcard from Student Life.
- Use the Pcard for your purchases.
- KEEP ALL RECEIPTS/CONTRACTS/DOCUMENTATION (including the DETAILED receipts from restaurants) for each purchase.
- Return the Pcard AND ALL RECEIPTS/CONTRACTS/DOCUMENTATION for each purchase to Student Life by the date/time you are expected to do so.
* – If a Pcard is not an option for payment for a product or service provider, contact the Assistant Director for Residential Life & Housing (Patty Leahey-Hays) to arrange for a voucher or a cash advance.
Misuse & Consequences
Students who misuse these funds or a NLT Pcard in any way (inappropriate expenditures, overspending, failure to follow procedure, failure to submit receipts, etc.) may be held responsible for the expenditures through their student account, may lose the privilege of using College Pcards in the future, and may be referred to the Dean’s Office for disciplinary action.
This form is to be used by House Coordinators, Neighborhood Leadership Team members, and Summer Housing Assistants only.To request a Pcard for a student organization, click here.
Requests to use a NLT Pcard must be submitted in a timely fashion. Last minute requests will be considered case by case.
Approved request notification will be sent via email. Feel free to follow up with your request by contacting Patricia Leahey-Hays.
The College’s funding rules apply to all Pcard purchases made for Residential Programs. If you are unsure of the rules, consult the Student Handbook or contact the Office of Student Life.
Residential student leaders may not make purchases without approval from Patty Leahey-Hays. If a Pcard purchase is made without the appropriate approval, the Pcard holder is personally liable for those expenditures.
Questions? Contact Patricia Leahey-Hays.